If you genuinely want to be successful, your number one priority should be to master a winning attitude. When your attitude is optimistic, you expect the best is yet to come, and you’re enthusiastic, it’s easier to focus on opportunities and less on problems. A winning attitude will attract people to follow you and provide more open doors. If you find yourself these days being a little more pessimistic and down on yourself, here are 8 habits you can put into practice that will help you get back to a winning attitude!
- Live with a purpose – Don’t just go through life aimlessly wondering wherever the road may lead. Have a plan of action that aligns with your goals and dreams. Walk with a purpose, speak with a purpose, and make your decisions with a purpose. At I’ve Decided, we say, “Live decided!” When you create the habit of doing everything you do with a purpose, your attitude will always be better.
- Stretch your comfort zone – Are you following the same old routine day in and day out? The same old can be depressing and zap your energy. You must stretch yourself everyday beyond your comfort zone. Pushing yourself beyond what you think you are capable of is exhilarating and provides you mental energy. It makes you stronger and allows you to see that you can always do more. The feeling of accomplishing something you didn’t think you could do, always improves your attitude.
- Act without expectation – Always hope for the best, but don’t allow disappointments to destroy your winning attitude. Of course, you naturally will make decisions based upon the results you want to achieve, but if it’s not quite what you were expecting, don’t let it get you down. Keep going with hope the best is yet to come!
- Learn from mistakes – A mistake is a disappointment, not a disaster. You are human, you’re going to miss your mark sometimes. That’s okay! Rather than feeling bad or beating yourself up, learn from your mistakes, and figure out what you can do better next time. Remember, failure is not the opposite of success, it’s a part of success. A part of cultivating a winning attitude is knowing that failure is not the end.
- Hang around people who have positive attitudes – It is a fact; your brain automatically imitates the behaviors of the people around you. This is called mirror neuron. So, if you want to be more positive, have more success, and make a positive impact, then you must surround yourself with others who are of the same mindset. If you are the most positive person within your tribe, you are in the wrong tribe.
- Laugh – Really, stop taking everything so seriously. If you want to have a winning attitude and make people feel more comfortable around you, cultivate the ability to laugh at yourself. It not only will improve your attitude, but you will be a much happier person.
- Forgive easily – It’s crazy to make yourself miserable holding on to a grudge. Humans are human. We all make mistakes and do things we regret. Each one of us has offended someone in our lifetime. Don’t you want to be forgiven for your trespasses? Of course! Let’s show the same grace to others. When you forgive easily and let things go that don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, your attitude will change for the better.
- Be grateful – An attitude of gratitude will turn what you have into enough. Take time to be thankful for what’s wonderful in your life. There is a great quote that says, “It’s not successful people who are happy, it’s happy people who are successful.” It’s a good thing to want better and to work towards being better, but not at the expense of not being content with what you have, and where you are. Create a habit of being grateful, and a winning attitude is inevitable.